Monday, January 12, 2009

Why I live here?

The new theme picture is actually a local winter picture. We took this when we visited the Colorado River at the end of December. The local is about a 45 minute drive from here. Paul and Adrian have spent several days here, tooling around in a boat of some sort. There is a fisherie here too. Today was the most gorgeous day ever. It was a high of 70 degrees and the sun was bright! During my evening walk the colors in the sky were beautiful as a slight chill started cooling down the night. Two day's ago we were sledding on Mt. Charleston, another 45 minute drive!
I had lunch with a girlfriend and as we were remarking on the beautiful day, we both said together-"This is why we live here!"

1 comment:

Barb said...

I miss the desert. I lived 36 years of life in one and I miss it. Never, ever realized how it calls to me.

Enjoy the wonderful winter. You deserve it!