Sunday, March 22, 2009

I use malapropisms!


This week Adrian got down a puzzle that had been sitting on a shelf for years. I bought a puzzle for Christmas 2 years ago, but he'd have nothing to do with it when I got it out and tried putting it together. When he was much younger he loved puzzles! Unschooling is about providing, but not forcing. Adrian and this puzzle is a great example of this thought. He has to find things on his own time to be the most enthused.

Our puzzle was bought when we lived in the islands as an activity for Paul and I during Friday night libations. The puzzle is words and letters with their definitions and trivia. Since Paul is a writer I thought he'd enjoy it. He never did. It's probably not as fun when you know all the answers. But this puzzle has some really hard words.

Adrian too took great interest in it and learned some...well trivia!

Malapropism-a verbal blunder through the usage of incorrect words that sound similar.

S-is the first letter of most words in the English language.

Neanimorphic-Looking younger than ones years. (This word was not in my spell check-hmm interesting).

No comments: