Saturday, February 21, 2009

FaceBook

Wow! What a phenomena! I joined this Internet networking tool to find someone, about 3 weeks ago and since then, I have been addicted! It really made me so happy when I found some really dear friends from the islands while piddlin around. It was great reconnecting with these people, who'd I'd often wondered about. There were a lot of "what ifs?" that kept floating around my mind. "What if I'd bought the house we were looking at?" "What if I'd had Adrian down there?" "What would Paul be doing for work?" "Would I be working?"

I divide my life in categories: the high school years, the college years, the island years, the RV years and the now(Las Vegas). I like to live in the now. Nothing matters more than the now, but I have to say, I have loved, loved seeing pictures of friends from high school and college. Some, well most, still live in the town we went to school in and some have had a great whirlwind of a life. My friend Daryl has gone from evangelist, to biker, to a killer missionary photographer. My friend Kim has made me laugh and laugh! We can't keep talking to each other!
Now, it's odd, I don't know how much I have in common with people I haven't seen in 20 years, but that's ok. Just knowing they are living and seeing their pictures has been a blast!

No comments: