Tuesday, December 15, 2009

In the moment..

We have a whiteboard on our refrigerator. It always has the days date, but what else goes on there is a random call. Sometimes it's what happened on this day in history, or hints on journal writing (someday I know he'll pick up that book and write for days) or it may have a spiritual quote from a varied of places. I like the Daily Word from Unity Church. I like Deepak Chopra and Marianne Williams and tons of inspirational writers. We never know what is sinking in and sometimes I feel I am erasing it too soon as the new day begins. I wonder did he get that or was that just a waste of my time. But erase it I do and the next bit of tidbit goes up.
This week, Adrian and I were driving home from the show listening to the radio. Adrian made the comment that the lyric "reach down and touch me", should not be in that song. I looked at him and asked if he thought it was a sexual innuendo. He said "mom!". I said "yes". If I had wanted to hear that word I would have said it myself. "Sex" I replied. "Yes" came from his. I went on to explain that I would like to always keep the doors of communication open when it comes to sex. I explained how he'd have sex some day, that it was a natural progression. His remark was once again priceless: "I would rather live in the moment."
Something did sink in.

No comments: