Thursday, June 25, 2009

The definition of insanity

"We can have peace if we let go of wanting to change the past and wanting to control the future." ~Lester Levinson

I have failed miserably at finding peace this week. And this quote sums it all up. When will I realize that the definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again, hoping to get a different result?

No matter the distance I put between my family and past hurtful situations, comments and judgements, I will never heal until I realize that nothing can upset my peace but me. A psychologist once told me that in the equation A + B=C, I may not change A(the person), B (the situation) but I do have control over C (how I react).

This may all sound very aloof, but I cannot blog about the situation without hurting someone I really love.

I shall reread Lester Levinson until I find the peace and wisdom to abide by the words.

No comments: