Monday, September 1, 2008

Give me oysters and beer every day of the year...

And I'll feel fine! A says we don't eat oysters enough. "We need to eat them every 3 weeks." At least he knows we can't afford it everyday!
It was a great day. The family spent the day out by the pool- grilling oysters, fish and listening to Margaritteville on Sirius.
I'm really not a huge Jimmy Buffet fan and I'm definetly not considered a Parrot Head, since I've never seen him in a concert. I have seen him play, well sorta. He sang "Cheeseburger in Paradise", twice forgetting he'd sang it once.
It was in the late 80's and I was on the Isle of St. Bart. So was a lot of European sailors. The sailors were doing the Sant Lauirent race from France. Jimmy was partying. My girlfriends and me? ...we were touring the island during it's off season. Jimmy sang at Le Select. The bar he went into looking for a Cheeseburger in Paradise. Me? I discovered goat cheese on a pizza!

No comments: